Hey guys, this is Shane Steven, the independent software developer of Freetts. Thanks for your love and support of our product. I hope you're all doing well and enjoying using this online text-to-speech application to its fullest potential.
FreeTTS online has been a great success since it was released in 2018. It got a #2 Product of The Day on Product Hunt and has helped millions of users to convert text to speech without effort. We have over 30,000 active monthly users! It's been amazing to see how many people have found our app helpful and how it's made their lives easier. But without you guys, we wouldn't be where we are today!
Why upgrade FreeTTS
On 18th March 2023, we launched our upgraded FreeTTS website and make great efforts to improve the user experience. Here are several reasons why we need to upgrade the FreeTTS website.
- Improve user experience. In the old version, we use Asp.net and C# MVC to build the website which seems old-fashioned and in the new FreeTTS, we use nuxt.js and python to rewrite the front-end page and back-end server. I believe this upgrade will make the website works faster and stabler.
- In the old version, some AI voices are ignored while in the new FreeTTS, we have integrated all Google and Amazon premium voices so you can have more options to get different natural voices. It would be greatly helpful if you want to create voices for commercial purposes, especially for youtube monetization.
Why did we change the pricing plan?
As you know, Freetts has long been free and open to the public. And we always intended to develop free and productive products to help people live their lives easier. But for some reason, we had to revise our pricing plan to support our services.
- As an independent startup, we need money to pay our employees and cover the operating expenses for daily product maintenance, and the cost of servers. By charging a fee, we can also invest more resources into developing the web application.
- Cover the cost we have to pay for Google and Amazon. As we have integrated the services from Google and Amazon, we have to pay the two Giants each month. In the past year, I have already paid almost 20,000 USD to the two companies. (That is really big money. :-))
- Google ads and some one-time fees can not maintain the whole cost.
- Now, I add more advanced AI voices for you to choose from.
Based on the previous reasons, I have to revise my pricing plans slightly and reduce some free characters that you can use for each week and month. Add a subscription so I can get funding to keep the project up.
About the pricing plans
· For the free member who doesn't sign in to an account, you have 1000 characters per week and can input up to 200 characters for converting text to speech. Only Standard Google voices are supported.
· For the free member who has signed in to an account, you have 10,000 characters per month and can input up to 1000 characters for converting text to speech. Only Standard Google voices are supported.
· Only $19 for each month, and you can have 1,000,000 characters per month, 5000/3000 characters for each conversion. Use Standard/Neural2/WaveNet Google Voices.
· Only $99 for each year, and you can have 10,000,000 characters per month, 5000/3000 characters for each conversion. Use Standard/Neural2/WaveNet Google Voices.
It is difficult for me to make this change and I do hope you can continue to use FreeTTS and support this service. I have prepared a 50% off coupon code and you can use it to get 50% off for your first month.
You can cancel your subscription at any time in your account center.
Ready to join our pro-family?
Whether you're a blog editor, a freelance writer, a social media manager, or a teacher, our Freetts can help free your hands and improve your productivity by converting your inputting texts into voices. You can get more done with this creative voiceover!
Ready to join our paid plan to unlock this tool's awesome features? We are a 100% self-supporting team of developers, so your support can help us grow even better.
And we respect our users and value your feedback very much. If you have any questions or concerns about our price plan or anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always here to help.